We are pleased to offer insurance cover for radio amateur (ham radio) enthusiasts. Insurance is available to both RSGB members and non-members.
Insurance is available to individual radio amateurs, clubs and societies (whether or not affiliated to the RSGB), RAYNET Groups and Repeater Groups. Cover is provided for “All Risks” of loss or damage to your amateur radio equipment including masts, aerials and ancillary equipment by theft, water damage, lightning strike and other accidental damage. Depending upon your particular requirements, cover can apply to equipment kept solely at your premises or cover can be provided anywhere in Great Britain, or anywhere in the world for up to 21 days in any one period of insurance.
This insurance is provided and underwritten by Arch Insurance UK Limited. Please click here for further information about Arch Insurance.
Basis of Claims Settlement
The insurance provides cover on a “new for old” basis which will cover the cost of repair of damaged equipment or the current day replacement cost of replacing your equipment if it is not economically viable to repair the damaged equipment.
Significant Exceptions and Limitations
- Wear and tear, gradual deterioration, frost, faulty or defective design or materials or workmanship.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown or derangement.
- Losses from unattended vehicles unless certain conditions are met.
- An excess of £100 applies for property damage claims, increased to £250 in respect of outdoor aerials masts and associated equipment.
- Public Liability is excluded in respect of the USA & Canada.
Third Party Personal Liability
Personal Liability up to £2,000,000 indemnifying you against injury to third parties and damage to third party property arising from your negligence is included as standard whilst you are engaged in any amateur radio activities. The limit can be increased to £5,000,000 on payment of an additional premium.
Cover is subject to Policy Terms, Conditions and Exceptions.
For further information, please telephone us on 01454 806503 or contact us.